The communications intern assists in all aspects of communications for Illinois Democratic Women, including organizing and distributing campaign news and clips; compiling and maintaining press lists; and assisting with drafting of press & online materials, and performing communications research.
The communications intern works closely with board members. Illinois Democratic Women is a statewide grassroots organization working for more equitable representation and participation of Democrat women in all levels of the Democratic Party and government. Our organization is comprised of mothers, wives, sisters, nurses, teachers, students, firefighters, environmentalists, activists, police officers, and retired women. IDW works to unite this wonderful diversity of devoted women behind one common goal–the support of our Party and the involvement of women in the political process.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Prepare daily press clips from national and periodicals including reading, copying, develop summary cover pages and distribution;
- Work with board to create and maintain press lists
- Assist with drafting of press materials and communications research;
- Assist with drafting blog posts, legislator profiles and updating the organization website;
- Work with board to draft and prepare bi-weekly emails to members;
- Assist in managing Facebook page;
- Provide general staff support to the communications department;
- Provide organizational support as requested or necessary.
This is an unpaid internship. Must be located in Illinois. We do not have a full-time office so this internship would be working remotely with conference calls and check-ins with board members.
Applicants are required to own a computer and be able to commit 20 hours a week toward this position. Must be currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a college or university. Please send a resume, cover letter and two writing samples to email@example.com.